Ronda 1 Evaluation plus review of South Atlantic, South of Walvis Ridge
September 10th - Hyatt Place, Galleria, Houston
This one day technical workshop will review the opening history of the South Atlantic, South of the Walvis Ridge including a review of the early Cretaceous source rock potential. Jurassic-Early Cretaceous rifts will be summarised along with the prospectivity of the blocks which are currently designated for Ronda 1, as well as a review of the blocks in Uruguay.
Breakfast from 8.00am - Start 8.30am - Finish 4.30pm
- Introduction to Geology South of Walvis Ridge (45 minutes).
- Seaward dipping reflector formation and implications for petroleum exploration (30 minutes).
- Identification of source rock potential South of the Walvis Ridge using Namibian well data and seismic data from the conjugate margins (30minutes).
- Salado Basin Review (45 minutes).
- Colorado Basin Review (60 minutes).
- Austral Basin Review (30 minutes).
- Malvinas Basin Review (60 minutes).
- Atlantic Margin review (30 minutes).
- Andean Foreland Basin and Scotian transpressional collision review (15 mins)
- Punta del Este Basin Review & Uruguay Direct Negotiation Block Evaluation (45 minutes).
Participants will receive an extensive course manual containing 150+ slides with comprehensive geological and hydrocarbon maps as well as a data summary sheet for each block which will review the structure, trap type, size, number of prospects, reservoir potential and source maturity. The workshop will involve practical exercises with seismic section interpretations.
For further details click here