Central Atlantic Digital Maps and Report
Our Digital Maps of the Central Atlantic Margins are provided in ArcGIS format and are continually updated.
This study comprises the findings of more than 1000 scientific papers including our own work and consists of a series of digital geological and geophysical maps of the Central Atlantic. They can be used as a basis for posting information relevant to regional hydrocarbon exploration or as predictive tools for deep water and other frontier areas. The maps improve regional understanding of the Central Atlantic geology, especially where there is sparse information currently available on one part of the margin, but more data available on the opposing conjugate margin.
The study comprises:
- Digitised geological and geophysical maps of the South Atlantic Margin from Portugal to Guinea Bissau on the African margin and Labrador to French Guyana on the North American Margin.
- A compilation of all available seismic, cross section and well information. This includes 740+ sections and 511 wells, which are hyperlinked into the project.
- Basin Dossier PowerPoints which summarise the geology and hydrocarbon potential of the Central Atlantic basins. These dossiers detail the exploration history of each basin, along with the key wells, seismics and discoveries whilst providing details of the remaining hydrocarbon prospectivity of the area.
- Gravity and Magnetic grids – magnetic, free air, Bouguer gravity, vertical gravity gradient and marine anomaly.
- A series of play fairway maps summarising source, reservoir, maturity and seal along the NW African margin highlight the remaining potential.
- A series of detailed stratigraphic columns has been compiled for all of the basins where source, seal and reservoir horizons are evident.
- A Bibliography with 1167 references (Correct as of January 2015)
- Onshore geology
- Africa Margin – Azores Islands, Canary Islands, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Madeira Island, Mauritania, Morocco, Portugal, Senegal, Spain, Western Sahara.
- USA Margin – Nova Scotia, Labrador & Newfoundland, Canada, USA East Coast, Caribbean, Guyana, Suriname