South Atlantic Digital Geological Atlas
Our Digital Maps of the South Atlantic Margins are provided in ArcGIS format and are continually updated
This Atlas summarises the findings of more than 2500 scientific papers, including our own work, and presents the geology in a digital format. All digitised maps are constructed in ArcMap. All features are clearly labelled and cross-referenced to original authors. These are the most detailed South Atlantic Margin maps available for purchase. Our plate fit becomes especially powerful when evaluating new frontier areas with sparse information, where in contrast the conjugate margin has more data and proven petroleum systems exist.
Opening of South Atlantic
Audio description by Ian Davison
The study comprises:
- Digitised geological and geophysical maps of the South American Margin from French Guyana to southern Argentina and the Africa margin from Guinea to South Africa.
- PowerPoint dossiers summarising the hydrocarbon potential of all basins along the South Atlantic Margins. These dossiers detail the exploration history of each basin, along with the key wells, seismics and discoveries and provide details of the remaining hydrocarbon prospectivity of the area.
- Compilation of source rock data along the whole South Atlantic Margin.
- Report on frontier exploration potential of West Africa. Block Evaluations of Brazil ANP License Rounds 1-8, +11.
- Compilation of all available seismic, cross section and well information linked within our ArcGIS project.
- 1887 seismic lines/cross sections and 683 wells hyper-linked within the ArcGIS project (as of September 2014).
- 3113 references.
- 3D spherical plate fit of GIS data using Timetrek software, University of Cambridge, UK and 3D reconstruction of South Atlantic rifting in GIS.
- 150 page Summary report of the West African margins focused on frontier exploration area.
- 1998 Report on the geology and hydrocarbon Potential of the Brazilian Sedimentary Basins
- Evaluation of the 11th Brazilian License Round (2013).