What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer when you visit a website. Most websites use them and they are generally harmless. When you revisit the website later or visit a different web page a copy of the cookie file is sent to the website.
They can be used to store information and have many uses. With the most common being tracking, remembering your details or settings, and to keep you logged in to an account. The two main types of cookies are for analytics and functionality:
Analytics Cookies – Analytics cookies help us understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. These cookies enable us to gather this information, helping us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
Functionality Cookies – Functionality cookies enable us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences.
What cookies do we use and why?
We rely on the use of Third Party cookies for website functionality and analytics. Each cookie is listed below with the following details: name of the Third Party; name of the cookie; reason for the cookie; link to further information.
- wp-settings-time-3 & wp-settings-3
- These cookies verify who you are and check if you are logged into the website.
- Further information from WordPress is available here
- Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.
- Further information from Google is available here
Easy Digital Downloads
- Set by our third party download manager, Easy Digital Downloads, these cookies are necessary to process wall map purchases and for the delivery of purchased content.
- Further information from Easy Digital Downloads is available here
- _stripe_mid & _stripe_sid
- Set by our third party payment processing partner, Stripe, these cookies are necessary in order to accept payments for our wall maps.
- Further information from Stripe is available here