This one day workshop will focus on the many varied opportunities that lie within the Northern Caribbean Region. This underexplored region contains large areas of open acreage some of which is currently on offer in Cuba. We will summarise the basins onshore and offshore Cuba, Jamaica and The Bahamas. Each region will be introduced with a regional overview detailing the latest knowledge on opening history, geology and exploration, and then go on to present detailed evaluations of the basins and blocks on offer.
- Introduction to the Opening history of the Northern Caribbean.
- Identification of source rock potential
- Cuban Basins Review including exploration history, structure, stratigraphy and petroleum system elements
- Jamaica Basins Review including exploration history, structure, stratigraphy and petroleum system elements
- The Bahamas Review including exploration history, structure, stratigraphy and petroleum system elements along with a review of current farm in opportunities.
- Current blocks on offer review
Participants will receive an extensive course manual containing 200+ slides with comprehensive geological and hydrocarbon maps as well as a summary of the blocks and regions with the highest prospectivity across the Northern Caribbean. The workshop will involve practical exercises with seismic section interpretations.
Contact us for further details