This Atlas summarises the findings of more than 4000 scientific papers, including our own work, and presents the geology in a digital format. All digitised maps are constructed in ArcMap. All features are clearly labelled and cross-referenced to original authors. These are the most detailed South Atlantic Margin maps available for purchase. Our plate fit becomes especially powerful when evaluating new frontier areas with sparse information, where in contrast the conjugate margin has more data and proven petroleum systems exist.
South Atlantic Margins Digital Atlas & Review Key Contents:
- Complete digital geological maps for the South American & West African Margins.
- Earthmoves standardised interchangable lithological & chronological legends.
- Americas | French Guyana to southern Argentina.
- Africa | Guinea to South Africa.
- Compilation of key data into an interactive ArcGIS-based Digital Atlas
- Extensive geological & geophysical data coverage.
- Source rock data along the whole South Atlantic Margin.
- Embedded publically avilable seismic, cross section, and well information.
- 3220¹ seismic lines & cross sections
- 825² wells
- All data is referenced & hyperlinked to the original source where possible.
- Earthmoves bibliography contains 4366³ references
- Dossier reports detailing the hydrocarbon potential of all basins along the South Atlantic Margins.
- Exploration history for each basin.
- Key wells, seismic, and discoveries.
- Remaining hydrocarbon prospectivity of the area.
- Independent Reports & License Reviews
- Review of the frontier exploration potential of West Africa.
- Block Evaluations for Brazil ANP License Rounds 1-17.
- 3D spherical plate fit of GIS data using Timetrek software, University of Cambridge, UK and 3D reconstruction of South Atlantic rifting in GIS.
- 150 page Summary report of the West African margins focused on frontier exploration area.
- 1998 Report on the geology and hydrocarbon Potential of the Brazilian Sedimentary Basins.
¹²³ Correct as of Q1 2020.