NEW 3-day Lusitanian Basin Salt Tectonics Field trip.
We have created a fantastic 3-day field trip to study the Salt Tectonics in the onshore Lusitanian Basin, Portugal. With great beach and quarry outcrops this field course examines:
- Deformation of the adjacent rocks produced by passive diapirism- J hook, low-angle wedge and high-angle flap-onlap unconformities. Onlap of beds onto growing salt diapirs.
- Erosion and reworking of diapiric crest and flanks with carbonates locally deposited adjacent to the salt diapir.
- Geometry and trapping mechanism of a relict oil field.
- Internal deformation in evaporite diapirs.
- Dissolution processes and its effects on sedimentation above diapirs.
Please contact us to enquire
We run training courses to oil company clients. These courses are offered in-house.
Further details of each course can be found by clicking the course links below.
Detachment in Macumber source rock Nova