Lusitanian Basin Salt Tectonics Field Trip | 3 Days
Study the Salt Tectonics in the onshore Lusitanian Basin, Portugal.
Examined in this course:
- Deformation of the adjacent rocks produced by passive diapirism- J hook, low-angle wedge and high-angle flap-onlap unconformities. Onlap of beds onto growing salt diapirs.
- Erosion and reworking of diapiric crest and flanks with carbonates locally deposited adjacent to the salt diapir.
- Geometry and trapping mechanism of a relict oil field.
- Internal deformation in evaporite diapirs.
- Dissolution processes and its effects on sedimentation above diapirs.
- Contact us for further information.
Contact us for further information.
In-house Training Courses | 1 Day
We run numerous training courses in-house to oil company clients, including:
- Petroleum geology of Cuba, Jamaica, and The Bahamas.
- Salt tectonics – North Sea.
- Salt tectonics – South Atlantic.
- South Atlantic Margins opening history and hydrocarbon prospectivity.
- Nova Scotia salt tectonics field trip.
- Lusitanian Basin salt tectonics field trip.
- Please contact us for further information.
Detachment in Macumber source rock Nova